No car is needed for the 1 hour Tutukaka Dolphin Walk, good walking/tramping shoes are nonetheless recommended.
- At the Ocean Purring Views gate, go straight ahead on the little hill and go around on the private fence
- Follow the little native bush track until you see a track on your right going up. Look carefully as it’s easy to miss
- At the top next to the trig station you will find wonderful views of the Poor Knights Islands and the Ngunguru Sandspit and and the Tutukaka Harbour.
- Go down the other side, at the bottom, turn right on Dolphin Place
- Walk a few minutes until you find a beach access on your left
- Go down and enjoy the Dolphin Bay wild beach only known by some locals
- Find the track at the end of the beach and walk up the steep track to the Rauhomaumau Road
- Go up all the way to the road and up the road
- At the intersection turn right on Motel Road
- Walk a few minutes until you see a walkway to the beach on your left (just before Pacific RDV)
- Go down to that Pacific Bay beach, you can also swim towards the Pacific RDV beach on your right
- Get back up Pacific Road. At the intersection turn left. You are now on the road for 10min
- When you get to Dolphin Place (the first road you landed on), go in the bush in the left corner and you will find the initial track you took. At the end of it, you are back home.
Enjoy the Doplhin Walk !