No car needed (45min walk to Tutukaka to Ngunguru via Welligton Bay)
- At Ocean Purring Views gate, follow the Lawson Dr road to the end
- Turn left on Tutukaka Block road and right on Whangaumu Street
- Go on the first green space on your left to reach Wellington Beach.
- Walk to the end towards the little mount. You will fin stairs, go to the top
- At the top of the hill is a seat to rest and take great photos of Whangaumu Bay, Ngunguru Bay, Ngunguru Sandspit and Ocean Purring
- Go back but instead of going back down, go straight and stroll down the hill into Red Rock Bay
- On your left you will see a first little bay, have a swim or carry on
- Keep walking along the three bays until you get to Ngunguru school
- From there, if you fancy a coffee or a bite to eat, walk left on Te Maika Road and then left on Ngunguru Road towards Ngunguru Salt Air Cafe
- Come back the same way but keep in mind the tide as if it’s high, you will have to get wet twice
Enjoy the walk !